METALFEST:: Pure METAL 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

METALFEST Pure METAL Festival 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE ARE SOON MOVING TO UK METAL UNDERGROUND!! Don't wait and go to sing up, where a community for Metal-lovers, whether they be UK fans of Metal from around the world ARE WAITING FOR YOU !! UK METAL UNDERGROUND

Threshold cancel

Go down 
+5
lastmanstanding22
vigilante
METALFEST FORUM Admin
dragonmaiden
britishsteel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
britishsteel

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 am

It is stated on Blabbermouth that Threshold have cancelled Metalfest Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dragonmaiden

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am

britishsteel wrote:
It is stated on Blabbermouth that Threshold have cancelled Metalfest Crying or Very sad

Yes, I read about this on the Bloodstock forums! Is it definite? If so, think this will leave a hole in the bill that needs to be filled rather sharpish!
Back to top Go down
britishsteel

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 am

dragonmaiden wrote:
britishsteel wrote:

Yes, I read about this on the Bloodstock forums! Is it definite? If so, think this will leave a hole in the bill that needs to be filled rather sharpish!

A bit of time to go before we need to panic about filling slots
Back to top Go down
dragonmaiden

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:02 am

britishsteel wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:
britishsteel wrote:

A bit of time to go before we need to panic about filling slots

I was thinking more that people will expect to see a quick replacement else they will surmise there is a struggle to get one.
Back to top Go down
britishsteel

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:13 am

As metalfest is trying to bring new bands to the UK for this festival - how about Circus Maximus as a repalcement for Threshold not quite as high profile, but I am sure would be a great prog replacement

http://www.myspace.com/officialcm

much lower profile but but a great prog band from hungary - Age of Nemesis

http://www.myspace.com/ageofnemesis

I seem to trying to turn this thread into a prog Wishlist
lol!
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:53 am

I will be announcing at least one more band on Monday, but possibly 3 including a Headliner! Ive spoken to a few other bands about replacing Threshold, so we will see what happens! Smile
with still 8 months to go, there's plenty of time! - but Im sure that will go very very quickly!!!
Back to top Go down
https://metlafest.1talk.net
vigilante

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:34 am

Very Happy Looking like a solid line-up to me so far, shame about Threshold one of my fave bands, Circus Maximus would be good but MERCENARY would be even better Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
lastmanstanding22

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 am

Yeah I was gutted about Threshold too. One of my all time favourite bands. Highly annoying that they wont even give a valid reason probably Damian Wilson will be leaving them without a vocalist. Anyway onto a more cheerful note how about SYMPHONY X as a replacement!
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 am

Symphony X were one of the first bands I asked about, and it was a no go....they wouldnt come from the USA for one UK show, or so I was told...shame cos I think they could have headlined one of the days....but the search goes on Smile
Back to top Go down
https://metlafest.1talk.net
dragonmaiden

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 am

What about Evergrey?
Back to top Go down
lastmanstanding22

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:15 am

Yeah Evergrey would be awesome. Maybe someone like Helloween or Gamma Ray. I know that might seem far-fetched but they would definetly pull a good crowd as a headliner. Lineup so far is pretty awesome, Elvenking have softened the Threshold blow and hopefully a few more awesome announcements will make this a weekend to remember!
Back to top Go down
bazorca

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: threshold   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 am

Yep ... shame about Threshold ... was really looking forward to them! ... Helloween or Gamma Ray would make awesome headliners - how about Sonata Arctica?

Evergrey or Dreamscape would make a good prog replacement ... and how about some symphonic metal with Lunatica.

Looking forward to hearing the full line-up!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Definatly need some more prog, especially with Threshold gone
Back to top Go down
manta1000

manta1000

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:32 am

Yes it is a definite shame about Threshold canceling but I must admit I would absolutely love Circus Maximus as a replacement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roku

Roku

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 am

Admin wrote:
Symphony X were one of the first bands I asked about, and it was a no go....they wouldnt come from the USA for one UK show, or so I was told...shame cos I think they could have headlined one of the days....but the search goes on Smile

That's a bit anal for Symphony X. I mean Sigh came all the way from Japan for one UK show. Most bands usually do but they usually play at the Underworld in London. See Wolves in the Throne Room for example
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Threshold cancel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Threshold cancel   Threshold cancel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Threshold cancel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
METALFEST:: Pure METAL 2009 :: METALFEST :: Metalfest 2009-
Jump to: