METALFEST:: Pure METAL 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

METALFEST Pure METAL Festival 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE ARE SOON MOVING TO UK METAL UNDERGROUND!! Don't wait and go to sing up, where a community for Metal-lovers, whether they be UK fans of Metal from around the world ARE WAITING FOR YOU !! UK METAL UNDERGROUND

HEADLINER!!!

Go down 
+4
lastmanstanding22
gorobschnitt
LunarSanctum
METALFEST FORUM Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

The 2nd of our headliners is confirmed and ready to play METALFEST ... on Saturday 26th September....

PRIMAL FEAR

Primal Fear was founded in october 1997 by Singer Ralf Scheepers and Mat Sinner. Scheepers and Sinner have been constants in the heavy metal scene before the band was founded. Rlaf Scheepers sang in the Bands Tyran Pace , F.B.I. and the international successful band Gamma Ray. After a gig with his Judas Priest cover band Just Priest in which Mat Sinner and Tom Naumann helped out the Idea arose to found Primal Fear. They signed a record deal with Nuclear Blast Records in late 1997. Their debut Album Primal Fear was released in February 1998 and entered the German LP charts at place 48 thus making it one of the highest chart entries of a debut album in German metal. The same year they toured with German Metal veterans Running Wild and HammerFall.

In July 1999 the 2nd Album Jaws of Death was released. Shortly after its release guitarist Tom Naumann left the band due to health Problems. During the Tour through Europe, Brazil and Japan he was replaced by Aley Beyrodt. In January 2000 Henny Wolter joined the band as a permanent replacement. In early 2001 the third Album Nuclear Fire was released. At the following world tour the band played in the USA for the first time and were guests at the Metal Meltdown Festival and the Milwuakee Metalfest.

The next Album Black Sun was released and entered the German LP charts at place 55. Halford-Guitarist Mike Chlasciak contributed the Guitar Solos for the songs Fear and Armageddon. The highlight of the following double-headliner tour with fellow band Rage was a gig at the Scala in London. The same year Henny Wolter left the band and was replaced by the returning Tom Naumann. With this Line-Up the band again toured through brazil and ended the Black Sun tour. In April/May 2003 the band participated in the Metal Gods tour together with Rob Halford, Testament and a few other bands and toured through the USA and Canada. During the Tour drummer Klaus Sperling was replaced by Randy Black. After the Tour Randy joined the band permanently as Sperling left due to personal problems.

In February 2004 the 5th Album Devil's Ground was released and entered the German LP charts at place 67. April the same year the band started another world tour in which the band toured through Europe, the USA and South America.

Directly after the tour the Band recorded their 6th Album "Seven Seals" in Vancouver and Stuttgart. It was released in Fall of 2005. To promote the album the band went on Europe and Japan tour together with fellow Power Metal band Helloween.

In July 2006 the Band surprisingly left Nuclear Blast Records and signed a long-term contract with Frontiers Records. As a "parting gift" Nuclear Blast released the best of compilation Metal is Forever.

In February 2007 during the recordings for the next album New Religion the band decided after long discussions about the future of the band that Henny Wolter will return as 2nd guitarist and Tom Naumann will leave the band. The Album was finished under the direction of producer Mat Sinner and engineer and co-producer Charlie Bauerfeind and was mixed by Roland Prent in the Galaxy Studios in Belgium. It was released in September 2007 and entered the German LP charts at place 60. They started their New Religion tour as co-headliner of the the sold out Power Prog VIII festival in Atlanta, USA. Afterwards they toured together with U.D.O. through Europe. They continued the tour in January of 2008 due to the band's 10th birthday and once again toured through Europe.

Early march 2008 the band announced that long time guitarist Stefan Leibing had temporarily left the band because he wants to spent more time with his family. On future releases and tours he will be replaced by Swedish guitarist Magnus Karlsson, who already contributed 2 guitar solos for the New Religion album.

In December of 2008 the band entered the House of Music Studios to record their next Album 16.6. which will be released in may 2000 through Frontiers Records. In January 2009 the band finished the Album. They say that the music "the music includes a lot of the vibe of our very first albums" and that "a new Primal Fear album always contained some new musical challenges, real surprises".

A full list of the day line ups will be online later, with two more bands to come....
Back to top Go down
https://metlafest.1talk.net
LunarSanctum

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Nice, can we have the other one tonight as well Laughing

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to add:

METAL IS FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!!!!! Cool

Last edited by LunarSanctum on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm

lol...sorry...still working on the other one!
Back to top Go down
gorobschnitt

gorobschnitt

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:04 pm

I really enjoyed them at BOA last year so quite pleased with this Mark
Back to top Go down
gorobschnitt

gorobschnitt

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:05 pm

PS - who is headlining Friday then??
Back to top Go down
LunarSanctum

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:06 pm

gorobschnitt wrote:

The mighty BLAZE BAYLEY Cool
Back to top Go down
gorobschnitt

gorobschnitt

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:07 pm

LunarSanctum wrote:
gorobschnitt wrote:

The mighty BLAZE BAYLEY Cool

Cheers for that
Back to top Go down
lastmanstanding22

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Sorry to swear but F*** YEAH. Can't wait for the 2nd headliner hope its as good. Good stuff Mark
Back to top Go down
bazorca

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: headliners   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Nice One! ... Enjoyed their set at BOA too! ... Can't wait to hear the full line-up!
Back to top Go down
dragonmaiden

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:27 pm

I love them and have all their albums but I'm kind of a bit Hmmm as I have seen them so many times!
Back to top Go down
lastmanstanding22

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm

Lucky you I wish I could be in the position to say hmm to Primal Fear we get bugger all bands in Cardiff and the big festivals like Bloodstock and foreign ones such as Wacken are impossible for students to afford so I'm really excited by this news.
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 pm

From memory I think Primal Fear have played 4 or 5 shows in over 10 years ... they will be awesome at Metalfest and I for one cant wait to see them Smile JBs isnt the biggest of venues, with a capacity of not much over 900, so it will be a more intimate gig than most they have played in the UK...
Back to top Go down
dragonmaiden

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm just an old Bloodstock veteran. Just ignore me! Laughing I think they have played Bloodstock at least 4 times if not 5. I saw them the first time at Bloodstock 2001. I think they played to about 300 people that time.
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Being a Bloodstock veteran is a good thing....Ive been to quite a few, the first being when Nightwish headlined....Apart from Bloodstock, PF have only played a one off London show I think....
Back to top Go down
lastmanstanding22

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:45 pm

One more time wont hurt though. Very Happy I've seen Thunder several times, wish they weren't breaking up so I could see them lots more. Roll on September!
Back to top Go down
dragonmaiden

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Being a Bloodstock veteran is a good thing....Ive been to quite a few, the first being when Nightwish headlined....Apart from Bloodstock, PF have only played a one off London show I think....

I am not sure they have ever played anything outside Bloodstock tbh ... unless my memory is going.

EDIT : And it is ... the mighty Beardy says on BS board that they played the Scala in 2002. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Excellent announcement, I really enjoyed them at Bloodstock & would defintely like to see them again.
Back to top Go down
Beardy

Beardy

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:
Admin wrote:

I am not sure they have ever played anything outside Bloodstock tbh ... unless my memory is going.

EDIT : And it is ... the mighty Beardy says on BS board that they played the Scala in 2002. Laughing
mighty? lol!

That properly made me laugh, which given my mood at the moment was probably well needed, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.beardyweirdy
dragonmaiden

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 3:33 am

You are our mighty Bloodstock Moderator!!! Laughing Glad it made you laugh. Looking forward to a good chat again at BOA! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEADLINER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEADLINER!!!   HEADLINER!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEADLINER!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
METALFEST:: Pure METAL 2009 :: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS :: Announcements-
Jump to: