METALFEST:: Pure METAL 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

METALFEST Pure METAL Festival 2009

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WE ARE SOON MOVING TO UK METAL UNDERGROUND!! Don't wait and go to sing up, where a community for Metal-lovers, whether they be UK fans of Metal from around the world ARE WAITING FOR YOU !! UK METAL UNDERGROUND

FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Empty
PostSubject: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:13 am

Another band confirmed for next years METALFEST.... we are pleased to announce:
FAIRYLAND
The young musician Willdric Lievin created the French band Fairyland, previously called "Fantasy" and "Fantasia," in 1998. He started playing drums when he was 10 years old. After having played in many bands, among those the semi-professional act Helixir, he met Philippe Giordana. Phil started playing keyboards when he was 14 years old. The two musicians shared the same passion for epic and symphonic heavy metal, and they soon began writing songs for their new project.

Together with the guitar player Thomas Cesario, they made a demo called Tribute To Universe. As time went by and work was done, their style evolved in a new way, with more symphonic and fantastic parts. They recorded a new demo called Realm Of Wonders, which had a good success in the underground metal scene.

Many bands and some of the biggest musicians in the metal world helped them out with contacts and guidance, and that's how they met the guitarist Anthony Parker, who was previously playing in the French band Heavenly. Anthony started playing guitars when he was 17 years old.

After a long time trying to find a label, they decided to record their first album all by themselves. They began recording in the Wizard Studio in February 2002, and the album wasn't completed until November of the same year. The reason for taking that long a time was because they were finishing the composition of the songs while recording them.

During summer 2002, in the middle of recording their album, Fairyland started looking for a singer, but not in an ordinary singing style. The only name that came to them was Elisa C. Martin, known from the successful Spanish power metal band Dark Moor.

After a long time researching for labels, they finally signed with the Danish based Intromental Management, who already have great experience in managing heavy metal bands from around the world.

Soon after Fairyland signed with the famous French label N.T.S., who among other signings are known for having the band Adagio signed on their roster.

Of Wars in Osyrhia was released in July of 2003, and it was promoted massively by both record label and management.

Fairyland signed to Napalm Records. Sometime after the release of Of Wars in Osyrhia, Elisa left the band. Max Leclercq replaced her on vocals. In 2006, their second album The Fall Of An Empire was released.

On July 30, 2007, Philippe announced on the official Fairyland website that all other members of the band had left. The following is an excerpt from the entry:

"... The reasons for their departure have not been clearly expressed, and the way they handled the whole business, with direct announcement on Fairyland's forum prior to any kind of discussion with Intromental Management, Napalm Records, Marquee Avalon, Burrn! Corporation or even me, was not very professional. However, it is their decision and I wish them all the luck they will need to make their new project break through."

Fairyland is still active, but currently without any members aside from Philippe. As he does all of the songwriting, he will keep the band alive with guest members. Amongst them will be singer Marco Sandron and bass player Fabio D'Amore from the Italian prog/power band Pathosray.
Back to top Go down
https://metlafest.1talk.net
LunarSanctum

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:52 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! cheers
Back to top Go down
Loucifer

Loucifer

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:00 am

I've not heard of this band... I'll have to go and check them out now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.louciferspeaks.com
gorobschnitt

gorobschnitt

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:44 am

Fairyland have been inactive for a while and its great to hear Phil Giordana has put together a solid bunch of musicians for a new album. I wonder who will be on the tour? Still I liked the last album a lot so this is a great booking.
Back to top Go down
LunarSanctum

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 pm

I thought that the guys from Circus Maximus were filing in for the rest of Fairyland but since they are now playing AS WELL i'm really confused No
Back to top Go down
gorobschnitt

gorobschnitt

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:14 pm

LunarSanctum wrote:
I thought that the guys from Circus Maximus were filing in for the rest of Fairyland but since they are now playing AS WELL i'm really confused No

From the fairyland myspace -

Marco Sandron (Pathosray): Lead Vocals
Georg Neuhauser (Serenity): Add. Vocals on tracks 2, 3, 5, 9, 10
Flora Spinelli (Kerion): Lead Vocals on track 10
Klaaire (Syrayde): Add. Vocals on tracks 4, 5, 9
Geraldine Gadaut (Benighted Soul): Add. Vocals on track 7
Jean-Gabriel Bocciarelli (Benighted Soul): Add. Vocals on track 7
Fabio D'Amore (Pathosray): Bass, Add. Vocals, Guitar Solo on track 6
Willdric Lievin (Hamka): Drums, Choirs
Chris Menta (Razordog): Rhythmic and Acc. Guitars, Guitar Solos on track 5
Alessio Velliscig (Pathosray): Guitar Solo on track 2
Alex Corona (Revoltons): Guitar Solos on tracks 3, 6, 9
Olivier Lapauze (Heavenly): Guitar Solo on track 9
Hugo Lefebvre (Anthropia): Guitar Solo on track 4
Yann Mouhad (Anthropia): Guitar Solo on track 4
Remy Carrayrou (Kerion): Guitar Solo on track 7
Marc Rhulmann (Whyzdom): Keyboard Solo on track 9

There's a lot of Pathosray in there - is that a clue??
Back to top Go down
LunarSanctum

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:25 pm

I think i got confused between Circus Maximus and Pathosray yeah lol!
Back to top Go down
METALFEST FORUM Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah the Fairyland band features some of the Pathsoray members Smile
Back to top Go down
https://metlafest.1talk.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED   FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAIRYLAND CONFIRMED
Page 1 of 1